Lawn Care/Snow Removal Provider – Full Time Positions
What you will be doing
- Lawn care and snow removal can be extremely challenging from a physical, environmental and schedule perspective.
- We work Monday through Friday for lawns, and for snow, we go out after every snowfall.
- You will start with classroom and practical training, then you will work alongside an experienced operator until you have a demonstrated understanding of company and client expectations, safe and efficient operations, and customer service.
- Different seasons will require a different set of tools and skills. You will be expected to recognize which tools are going to work best, and expertly use them to leave a quality finish.
- Once you’re fully trained, we may ask you to supervise a crew working on an individual property. You must ensure our standards are met at each property while remaining safe.
- This job starts on September 2nd.
The skills and experience you will need for this job
- You are very comfortable with driving, and experience driving pickup trucks or towing trailers would be terrific. Clean drivers abstract required.
- You are physically fit, can push or pull up to 60 lbs at a time, and can also be on your feet for 10 hours per day.
- You need to have basic gear such as comfortable shoes, hats, pants and shirts. We can provide items like gloves and safety gear, but want you to also be as comfortable in the hot sun as you can be. Your gear, augmented with some of our supplied gear, and your own fortitude when it comes to heat are all important.
- For winter, you need warm gear including waterproof boots rated to at least minus 30, snow pants, and a snow jacket.
- Mechanical aptitude, customer service and navigational competency are all assets you should tell us about.
- If you have worked in snow removal or lawn care before we would love to hear about that, but we also need to know that you’re open to doing things the Mow Town way too.
- You have a cell phone and can use our free app to check your schedule. You can text, email, check the weather and call a manager when needed.
What’s in it for you
- Pay is hourly and ranges from $17-$23 per hour.
- We sometimes provide food and drink while you are working, but plan to bring a water bottle and a lunch/snack just in case.
How to apply
- Very important: apply via email only. We are out driving all day, and typically our clients need to take priority when it comes to texting and calling.
- Send a resume and a brief note on why you are going to be the best fit for this job to email@example.com. If you have references for related work, please include them as well.