Lawn Care and Snow Removal Operator – Full Time Positions
What you will be doing
- Lawn Care and Snow removal can be extremely challenging from a physical, environmental and schedule perspective.
- This is not a landscaping or heavy equipment position. This is maintenance work done on residential lawns and snow removal done on residential sidewalks and driveways.
- During lawn season we typically work Monday-Friday from 7AM to 4PM with a half hour unpaid lunch. If it rains, we’ll occasionally have to work on the weekend to get caught up.
- During the winter we work after every single snow fall. Work typically starts at 7AM and may go as late as 8PM.
- You will start with orientation and practical training, then you will work alongside an experienced operator until you have a demonstrated understanding of company and client expectations, safe and efficient operations, and customer service.
- Different seasons will require a different set of tools and skills. You will be expected to recognize which tools are going to work best, and expertly use them to leave a quality finish.
- Once you’re fully trained, we will integrate you into a dedicated crew for a set of properties. You must ensure our standards are met at each property while remaining safe.
- We are currently seeking someone to fill at least one full time position beginning in April.
The skills and experience you will need for this job
- You are very comfortable with driving, and you have experience driving pickup trucks with small trailers (under 20 feet and under 10,000 lbs) Clean drivers abstract required.
- No criminal record.
- You are physically fit, can push or pull up to 60 lbs at a time, and can also be on your feet for 10 hours per day.
- Be advised that this job can trigger allergies and asthma.
- You need to have basic gear such as comfortable waterproof boots, snow pants, winter coat and base layers. We can provide items like gloves and safety gear, but want you to also be as comfortable in the cold as you can be.
- Mechanical aptitude, customer service skills and physical stamina are all assets you should tell us about.
- If you have worked in snow removal or lawn care before we would love to hear about that, but we also need to know that you’re open to doing things the Mow Town way too.
- You have a cell phone and can use our free app to check your schedule. You can text, email, check the weather and call a manager when needed.
What’s in it for you
- Pay is hourly and ranges from $17-$22 per hour.
- Plenty of hours available plus some OT opportunities occasionally available.
- We sometimes provide food and drink while you are working, but plan to bring a water bottle and a lunch/snack just in case.
How to apply
- Very important: APPLY VIA EMAIL ONLY. We are out driving all day and cannot take calls on the road.
- Send a resume and a brief note on why you are going to be the best fit for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have references for related work, please include them as well.